Tuesday, January 12, 2016

Meatless Chili (with Lentils)





For a long time I have heard about THE HEALTH BENEFITS OF LENTILS but I confess, Ive never cooked or eaten them. Since beginning this weight loss journey, I have been looking up new and healthy recipes to try. Tonight I made Lentil Chili.

I soaked dry lentils in water over night and then cooked them on low in my crockpot all day while I was at work.  When I got home, I added a large can of tomato sauce, a can of diced tomatoes with green chilis, a chili seasoning packet and some dried onion flakes. I let it cook in the crockpot for about 20 minutes.

We ate this with a LITTLE brown rice, some cheddar cheese and a small amount of sour cream.

You must try it and don't forget to read about the BENEFITS OF LENTILS! We will be eating more of these in our house.

No comments:

Post a Comment