Friday, June 20, 2014

Slowing down for summer

Our life has been so busy lately. In recent months we celebrated our baby's 14th birthday, our middle daughter's graduation from high school, our Marine returning from his second tour in Afghanistan, conquering our second 5k mud run, and meeting my step son for the first time.  The school year is finished for both the girls and for me (my work)

This has been the first week of summer for me. I haven't had a summer off in 20+ years! 
This week my nephew stayed with us. We played the Wii, swam in the pool, went to the summer kids movie festival at the local Theater , we went bowling and made a gift for my sister's birthday. It was a fun week but I can honestly say that I have been in "vacation mode"  I haven't worn a stitch of make up or fixed my hair all week! I don't even think my clothes have matched! Ive watched too many shows on Netflix (like Scooby Doo and Fairy movies)  and tonight (Friday) I'm bored! Its been a week and I'm bored! 

Being bored makes me think too much. I remember how much I miss teaching preschool. I think about vacation Id like to take and don't have the funds to or how much I miss hanging out with friends. 

I am a list person. I am a person who thrives on goals. Tomorrow I shall create a summer "goal" list and all of them will not be NEEDS but things Ive been wanting to do but just haven't had the time to do. Like work on Photo albums and paint the living room. 

I will also start exercising daily and working on a strict diet to lose weight! Its a battle I fight over and over and keep giving up but find myself starting over. Here I go again...................  

No comments:

Post a Comment