Thursday, January 30, 2014

What to do when it snows

 I started my picture uploading in the wrong order.... oh well. 
My children are older but these are things you can do when it snows.
I keep our Gingerbread kits handy. We usually get so busy at Christmas we forget about them but its fun to do close to Valentines Day as well! (add in some Valentine candy!)
 My baby girl had a little trouble with her house (above)
 I had trouble with the teens texting while we were supposed to be having some "family time"
 When they were younger I was always prepared to make Valentines cards very early one; That way, if it snowed we could make them in our time cooped up in the house!
 We also make snow cream and home made hot cocoa.
 We don't get a lot of snow here, so when we do, we have to make the best of it. 
Its been so cold (this morning it was 0 degrees) I have to take hot water out to the coop and pour in the watering bucket to melt the ice and give them something to drink! 

I often cook them some oatmeal with cranberries or raisins as an added (warm) treat.

No comments:

Post a Comment