Thursday, July 23, 2015

DIY: Coffee Table

 Im a show off on the DIY Show Off!!! 
Check out all their awesome links after reading my post!


 That DIY Party summer link party button


So I went through this "red" phase. I bought everything I saw for the living room that was red! I ended up with too much red. Now, Im redoing the living room, which is HUGE for me because I suck at decorating! Below you will see the coffee table that I, once upon a time, fell in love with. I decided to break up the red,so here's what I did.

Step 1
Sand the coffee table. 

Step 2 
Use fingers to apply thin layers of Vasoline to the areas you do not want paint to stick to.

Step 3
Start Painting! In my case, I painted only the top.


 Step 4
After the paint is dry, use a wet rag to wipe the table down and remove the paint that is over the Vasoline. Check it out! I love the way it looks!
What I learned.....

Make sure you apply a THIN layer of Vasoline. I used too much and after 6 days I still find spots that need to be wiped down.  

When I finish the livingroom, Ill post photos! 

No comments:

Post a Comment