Thursday, September 18, 2014

Lighthouses of NC

 Years ago I decided that before I die I wanted to visit all 7 of the lighthouses in NC. 
In 2009 I visited my first lighthouse (Cape Lookout) and this summer while on a road trip with my best friend from Junior High, I visited 3 more!  (Above is me in front of Cape Hatteras)
 Ive wanted to visit Cape Hatteras since they MOVED it! It was all over the news every night for the longest time. As you can imagine, moving a lighthouse is quite the task!
 Below is the Ocracoke Lighthouse. We took the ferry over to Ocracoke Island for a few hours and saw this little light house.
 Below is Cape Lookout in 2009
 Below is the Bodie Lighthouse. Its very easy to see three in one day! ( Bodie, Hatteras and Ocracoke) I can mark 4 lighthouses off my bucket list! Only 3 more to go!!

No comments:

Post a Comment