Friday, February 21, 2014

Chickens dont like snow

 When the snow started I was leaving work. It takes me about 40 minutes to get home but on that day, it took two hours (and then I got stuck on my road !) As I walked up to the house I heard the chickens squawking! They were not happy about this weather! They wouldnt even leave the coop!
 The rooster has really blossomed ! He used to be small and ugly but now he's pretty handsome!
Above is our hen that the girls have named "Goose" shes an Americana and she lays green eggs.
I took them special treats during all this snowy weather. They wouldnt even go into the run and had the added bonus of the heat lamp on during the cold snap. 
Im sure they will be happy when our weather reaches 70- degrees in the upcoming week.

No comments:

Post a Comment