Wednesday, November 20, 2013

On being thankful and unthankfull

There is so much going on this time of year. I can find many things to be thankful for but there a few things that get me a little down and Im NOT thankful for. I suppose thats everyone, we just dont talk about the things that get us down. 

For example, Im thankful that my son is healthy and safe thus far. (Im saddened by the fact he isnt home this Thanksgiving but it could be far worse). Im thankful he's alive! 

 I am thankful that my Future Doctor is healthy over all. We have recently discovered that she has a minor heart issue. It has nothing to do with stress or anxiety. Its an electrical issue. It could be far worse.

I'm thankful for my job. I'm finally in a job that I love and I feel comfortable there. I feel like this is where I belong. I haven't felt this way since I closed my state licensed daycare.

I am thankful that my loved ones are safe. So many have passed away in our community recently. Its perfectly normal for those families to NOT FEEL thankful. Sometimes we simply dont feel thankful. Life gets to us. We always know that there are things to be thankful for but sometimes, we just arent thankful because life gets us down. 

Dont look down on those who don't FEEL thankful this holiday season. Just be there for those who need us.(those who are feeling unthankful ) One day, they will be thankful for you.

No comments:

Post a Comment