Sunday, July 21, 2013

A "Time Out"

     This weekend has been a nice break. Nothing fabulous but a break from the pressures of life around me. My husband has been out of town for a week. After 23 years of marriage I am used to the times he must spend away. The heat has been unbearable and I spend more time outside on my job than I ever have before and its hard to make it through the day. I would come home hot, sweaty and exhausted. I didnt feel like cooking over a hot stove. We ate sandwiches a lot and I went to bed early. Friday the husband came home and we just laid on the couch watching TV. Saturday he deemed an "internet free" day.  So, we cleaned, talked, watched a little TV and found little pieces of history that were tucked away in junk drawers. 

 She didnt want her face showing in the picture but she did have fun checking out my old cassette walkman. (which I still love!)
 At the end of the day we went out for dinner (which is a rare thing for us) 
We ate good country cooking from Cracker Barrel and then took a little stop off at a store for one of the girls. (more on that later)

It just seemed like a good break away from life. 
I am thankful for the next few days off. We arent getting a vacation this year which is sad but I am thankful to have time with my children.  (some of them)

I have a lot on my mind and heart lately and sometimes I feel helpless. 
Sometimes I wonder why God places desires within me and yet Im not in a position to use those talents, thoughts and desires. Im sure I will in His timing but its so hard to be patient and wait.

No comments:

Post a Comment