Monday, May 27, 2013

My Flavored Water








Summer time is around the corner and in the south we need to drink lots of water for our hot and humid days. I don't do so well in the heat, I can easily come quite overcome with the heat due to sweating so much and my lack of interest in drinking water. Awhile back I saw this "recipe" of sorts to naturally flavor you own water and I tried it. I LOVE IT! 





Here's what I did:

Sliced a lemon and squeezed a little of the juices into a pitcher. Throwing all the slices in as well.

I took a few fresh strawberries from a local farm and squeezed them a little to get some of the juices out and threw the berries (and juice) in the pitcher.

I sliced 1/4 of a cucumber and tossed it in the pitcher.

Then I went outside and plucked a few pieces of fresh mint growing in my yard and put a few sprigs of it in the pitcher. 

I added some ice cubes and filled the rest of the pitcher up with water and let it sit in the refrigerator overnight before I tasted it.

Now I can pour a glass of flavored water and squirt a few  drops of stevia for a little sweetness. (In these pictures you will notice that I dropped a few frozen blueberries to use as ice cubes)

I am trying to replace my sodas with flavored water. I stopped drinking sodas awhile back and then broke down and decided to drink one... that was all she wrote, I started back to drinking them! UGHHHH 

No comments:

Post a Comment